Legacy gifts state that I believe my Church should continue into the future as an expression of what has been meaningful in my life and as my blessing upon the next generation.
Members and friends are invited to make a gift to one or more of the following Legacy Funds.
SCHOLARSHIP LEGACY FUND
CAPITAL IMPROVEMENTS LEGACY FUND
MINISTRY LEGACY FUND
LEGACY FUND FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What is the Saint Paul’s Baptist Church Legacy Fund?
The Legacy Fund has been established to fund the future of the church and its mission. The vision for the fund is simple. Our Lord has been faithful and generous to us; therefore, we want to provide a way for faithful people to do the same for the next generation and generations to come.
- Who Manages the Fund?
The fund is managed by the Virginia Baptist Foundation through an investment and disbursement agreement with Saint Paul’s Baptist Church. The Executive Council will provide financial oversight.
- How may I contribute?
You may contribute to the Legacy Fund in three ways:
- Give online HERE.
- Mailing a check to Saint Paul’s Baptist Church, Finance Department, 4247 Creighton Road, Henrico, VA 23223. Please write Legacy Fund in the Memo section.
- You may also designate your contribution to one or more subaccounts: (a) Ministry (b) Scholarships and (c) Capital Improvement.
- Why should I leave a legacy gift to the Saint Paul’s Baptist Church?
A legacy gift is often the largest gift a person can make, so it is important to take time to make a prayerful and thoughtful consideration of the legacy you would like to leave. Individuals of all income levels make planned gifts to accomplish their charitable purposes. This type of gift speaks to intention and generosity more than net worth.
- Are there other ways to contribute to this fund?
Yes. There are many creative ways to make a legacy gift beyond cash. Among them include: bequest in your will or trust; name the Church as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy; name the Church as a beneficiary of a retirement account; charitable gift annuity, remainder trust, lead trust, appreciated stock, securities, real estate and tangible personal property. For more information on these types of contributions, please contact our Finance Office at (804) 463-2369.