Find A Group You Love
Become who God created you to be. You can face life with the kind of love and support God had in mind for you. Now is the perfect time to find a small group you love that fits your schedule and season in life. Small groups are a place to belong and grow. Most of our groups use our weekly message application guide that we affectionately call “GPS” (Grow-Pray-Serve). Our GPS guides are easy to understand and empower people to apply the weekend messages to their lives.
FIND A GROUP
Plan now to visit one of our small groups!
We have a group for YOU!
Email for more information..
Saint Paul’s mission can be summed up in this phrase: “empower you to grow into all God created you to be.” Followers of Jesus are lifelong learners and the spiritual journey is not meant to be alone.
At Saint Paul’s, we believe that life is a team sport – best done together and as our church grows larger, we must also grow smaller. Small groups are “learning communities” that serve as a great way to grow in your relationship with God and make a difference in the community. We encourage everyone to be involved in group life because it’s there where you will meet new people while growing in your faith.
Faith grows in the presence of faithful friends and the best way to grow in your faith is to be around others on the same journey that can spur you on and keep you going. Small groups are here for you so take a moment to find the right space for you! If you have any questions, please contact us at grouplife.myspbc.org
HOST A GROUP
HELPFUL TOOLS FOR ONLINE LEADERS
- 2022 Semester Calendar
- Group Agenda
- 5 Tips to Help with Facilitation
- Meeting Evaluation
- Meeting Debriefing
HELPFUL TIPS FOR VIDEO CONFERENCING
- Use a headset with a microphone. The mic is closer to your mouth, allowing you to talk in conversational tones, rather than slightly yelling or talking loudly. It also cuts out other noises. Please test out your mic before your group begins.
- Sit near a window or lamp, so that the light reflects on the side of your face. Sitting in front of blinds or with open blinds behind you can wash out the screen.
- Close competing applications like Netflix and Facebook on your screen.
- Mute your phone and computer for other sounds, notifications, and alerts.
- Limit background movement if possible. If possible, set your camera so that there is a solid background behind you. This limits distractions.
- Test your camera so that there is a close shot of your face.
WHAT IS AN AREA CHECK-IN?
Once a month, our check-in hosts contact 5-12 members in a specific area, either by Microsoft Teams or Zoom, phone call, text, or email to listen and to provide prayer, encouragement, and support. The check-ins are designed to be brief. If a person elects to have a check-in is via Zoom or Teams, the Check-In will be no more than 30-40 minutes. If a person prefers a phone call, text, or email, the Check-In will be substantially shorter, no more than 10-15 minutes. The purpose is to provide connect with and provide individualized care to the Saint Paul’s community.
WHY DO THIS?
Hebrews 10:22-24 in the Message Translation encourages us this way, “So let’s do it—full of belief, confident that we’re presentable inside and out. Let’s keep a firm grip on the promises that keep us going. God always keeps His Word. Let’s see how inventive we can be in encouraging love and helping out.
WHAT HAPPENS DURING A CHECK-IN?
During an Area Check-In, our hosts ask: 1) How are you? 2) How is your family? 3) How are your friends and 4) Would you like to share any prayer requests? Our check-in hosts pray over the requests and end the call, text or email It’s that simple. Our goal is to ensure that every member is connected and receives the care they need.
JOIN OUR CHECK-IN NETWORK
If you’d like to join one of our Area Check-Ins, click HERE.
HOST AN AREA CHECK-IN
We have a brief 15-minute training video that explains the check-ins, why we created them, and how to host them. There are just 3 easy steps:
1. Watch the training video.
(It is on Ministry Grid, so you’ll have to create a free Lifeway account before viewing. If you’re already registered, simply search for SPBC Area Check-In Training.) Click here.
2. Sign the Confidentiality Agreement by clicking here.
3. Register to host an Area Check-In by clicking here.