Chase Your Dreams!
PURSUIT: An interactive bible-study that caters to young adults, ages 21-40ish. PURSUIT is a unique fellowship experience designed to focus on the issues, concerns and struggles we encounter daily - through the wisdom found in the Word of God. While PURSUIT is relevant for individuals in their twenties and thirties, it can be a blessing for anyone!
Attendees need not be a member of Saint Paul’s Baptist Church or any other church— simply be someone ON THE GROW - in PURSUIT! Join us for 5-weeks as we study God’s Word - with Rev. Curtis Ballard, Jr. & Min. Lance Watson, Jr.
Dreamchasers - keep chasing! Aspire - keep going higher! LET’S GET IN PURSUIT!
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Weekly Itinerary (for LIVE ONLINE gathering)
- 2min - Greeting
- 3min - Prayer
- 3min - Scripture Focus & Cross-reference(s)
- 15min - Icebreaker
- 17min - Centering Lesson [Bible Study Teaching segment]
- 10min - Discussion Questions [limited to 3-4 for registrants to engage online]
- 10min - Time for response/encouragement
- 5min - Announcements
- Closing Prayer
- Call begins at 6:45pm (Lobby Time)
- Bible Study begins at 7pm
5 WEEKS OF PURSUIT
- WEEK 1: Relationships/Friendships
- WEEK 2: Accomplishment/Education
- WEEK 3: Career/Financial Independence
- WEEK 4: Spiritual Direction/Clarification “Exploring your faith”
- WEEK 5: Fun/Excitement/Social Life
JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP TODAY AT: WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/GROUPS/SPBCPURSUIT
A Co-ed small group for persons, 20-29, that provides Bible Study (based on Sunday sermons), fellowship, and outreach opportunities.
Life Stage Reception Sunday (July 26) – 11:30 on Zoom (Pre-Registration Required)
New Young Adult Bible Study Begins – August 7nd at 7pm – COMING SOON!
New Young Adult Choir Forming – To Register, Click HERE
Join our Dreamchasers Group – Next Semester Begins September 23rd – Click HERE for details
Your twenties are the golden years that you’ll look back on with nostalgia when you are one day rocking in your chair on the stoop.
We adopt this Life Stage model for 7 Purposes:
1. SPIRITUAL GROWTH: Recognizing that people are in different stages of life, it is our hope to empower people to grow spiritually by providing “stage appropriate” formation experiences, groups, curriculum and serving opportunities.
2. ORGANIZATION: By organizing both our ministry programming and our staff to address specific “life stages” it permits us to more quickly identify programming gaps, needs and resources. Like specialists in large urban hospitals, it is our hope that staff and servants in each “life stage” will become specialists in that stage and be able to effectively and efficiently meet the needs of persons moving through that stage.
3. CONGREGATIONAL CARE: In a congregation as large as Saint Paul’s, the possibility that someone in need will be overlooked or fall between the cracks is greatly increased UNLESS we are intentionally organized to ensure appropriate care.
4. STAFF SUPPORT: Organizing the congregation into life stages permits each member to identify staff specifically designated to respond to their needs, hurts and problems. Serving, sharing, study and support groups will be able to readily identify which staff persons are assigned to provide support, thus – decreasing frustration, confusion and the time spent navigating administrative systems.
5. INTERGENERATIONAL FELLOWSHIP: Organizing the congregation intentionally into life stages creates the possibility of creating intergenerational fellowship activities where persons in one life stage can benefit from the experiences and energy of persons in another life stage.
6. SPECIALIZED PROGRAMMING: By focusing our staff and servants, it is our hope that having identified specific needs, hurts and problems, we will then be able to develop specialized programming to address them in each life stage.
7. INTENTIONALITY: This concept is a primary driver for the entire model – it is our hope that rather than just doing ministry “hopefully” or “coincidentally” that God will empower us to move intentionally and effectively towards holistic ministry to each person in each stage of their lives.