ASPIRE - YOU WERE MADE FOR MORE!
A Co-ed Life Stage of persons, 30-39, that provides Bible Study (based on Sunday sermons), fellowship, and outreach opportunities.
PURSUIT BIBLE STUDY
PURSUIT: An interactive Bible Study that caters to Young Adults (ages 21-39). PURSUIT is an unique fellowship designed to focus on the issues, concerns and struggles that we encounter daily - through the wisdom found in the Word of God. While PURSUIT is relevant for individuals in their twenties and thirties, it can be a blessing for anyone! Attendees need not be a member of Saint Paul's Baptist Church or any other church - simply be someone ON THE GROW - in PURSUIT!
Join us as we study God's Word - with Rev. Lance Watson, Jr. & Rev. Juan Shackelford
DREAMCHASERS - keep chasing! ASPIRE - keep going higher! Let's get in PURSUIT!
WHAT TO EXPECT:
15 - 20 Jam-packed Minutes of Learning, Fellowship & Discussion
WHEN TO EXPECT IT:
Begins at 6:45pm (Lobby Time) - Bible Study begins at 7pm
You're invited to our Arise & Thrive Next Gen Wellness Conference with Dr. Felicia Green, Jerard Elliot and Dr. Lance Watson. This young adult Conference is designed specifically for Gen Z & Millennials - those born between 1981 and 2012.
Pull up for a conversation about protecting your peace and securing your future. Join us Sunday, December 11 from 2-4 PM for a day of support, hope and encouragement in a judgement-free zone. Listen and be heard, inspired, and encouraged. Take this opportunity to push pause and focus inward on your mental, emotional & spiritual well-being. Register today HERE.
JOIN AN ASPIRE GROUP
Aspire, let's help bring Christmas Joy to children and students in need!
Ways to give:
1. Purchase books and toys from our Christmas Joy Wish List for delivery to 4247 Creighton Road, 23223.
2. Purchase gift cards through RaiseRight (formerly ShopWithScrip). Email for more information.
3. Make a donation at myspbc.info/give. Select "Christmas Joy for Children & Students" as the giving type.
Drop off unwrapped books and toys in boxes in the Atrium at Saint Paul’s North and South. Christmas Joy Distribution for children and students will be Sunday, December 18 after Worship at Saint Paul’s North & South. No preregistration is required. Questions? Email or .
Learn more HERE about current and upcoming Outreach opportunities.
RESOURCES AND SERVICES
What is Aspire all about?
By your third decade, most of us have learned some new words. We’ve learned about rates, bonds, bills and contracts. Things are getting serious as we aspire to make our lives all that they have the potential to be.
We adopt this Life Stage model for 7 Purposes:
1. SPIRITUAL GROWTH: Recognizing that people are in different stages of life, it is our hope to empower people to grow spiritually by providing “stage appropriate” formation experiences, groups, curriculum and serving opportunities.
2. ORGANIZATION: By organizing both our ministry programming and our staff to address specific “life stages” it permits us to more quickly identify programming gaps, needs and resources. Like specialists in large urban hospitals, it is our hope that staff and servants in each “life stage” will become specialists in that stage and be able to effectively and efficiently meet the needs of persons moving through that stage.
3. CONGREGATIONAL CARE: In a congregation as large as Saint Paul’s, the possibility that someone in need will be overlooked or fall between the cracks is greatly increased UNLESS we are intentionally organized to ensure appropriate care.
4. STAFF SUPPORT: Organizing the congregation into life stages permits each member to identify staff specifically designated to respond to their needs, hurts and problems. Serving, sharing, study and support groups will be able to readily identify which staff persons are assigned to provide support, thus – decreasing frustration, confusion and the time spent navigating administrative systems.
5. INTERGENERATIONAL FELLOWSHIP: Organizing the congregation intentionally into life stages creates the possibility of creating intergenerational fellowship activities where persons in one life stage can benefit from the experiences and energy of persons in another life stage.
6. SPECIALIZED PROGRAMMING: By focusing our staff and servants, it is our hope that having identified specific needs, hurts and problems, we will then be able to develop specialized programming to address them in each life stage.
7. INTENTIONALITY: This concept is a primary driver for the entire model – it is our hope that rather than just doing ministry “hopefully” or “coincidentally” that God will empower us to move intentionally and effectively towards holistic ministry to each person in each stage of their lives.