ASPIRE - YOU WERE MADE FOR MORE!
A Co-ed Life Stage of persons, 30-39, that provides Bible Study (based on Sunday sermons), fellowship, and outreach opportunities.
PURSUIT BIBLE STUDY
PURSUIT: An interactive Bible Study that caters to Young Adults (ages 21-39). PURSUIT is an unique fellowship designed to focus on the issues, concerns and struggles that we encounter daily - through the wisdom found in the Word of God. While PURSUIT is relevant for individuals in their twenties and thirties, it can be a blessing for anyone! Attendees need not be a member of Saint Paul's Baptist Church or any other church - simply be someone ON THE GROW - in PURSUIT!
Join us as we study God's Word - with Rev. Curtis Ballard, Jr. & Min. Lance Watson, Jr.
DREAMCHASERS - keep chasing! ASPIRE - keep going higher! Let's get in PURSUIT!
WHAT TO EXPECT:
15 - 20 Jam-packed Minutes of Learning, Fellowship & Discussion
WHEN TO EXPECT IT:
Begins at 6:45pm (Lobby Time) - Bible Study begins at 7pm
WE'RE SLOWING DOWN & FASTING - DOWNLOAD YOUR COPY OF OUR FASTING GUIDE: HERE
We're excited to invite you on a 40-Day Fast with Pastor Watson and the Saint Paul's Baptist Church Family!
This year's biblical theme is: 'YET EVEN NOW'
Based on Joel 2:12 where God says through the prophet, “Yet even now,” declares the Lord, “return to me with all your heart, with fasting, with weeping, and with mourning.” Join Us as we rededicate our hearts and our lives to the work of God in the world.
We are so proud that you have made a covenantal commitment to embark on this journey with us. As you begin to see yourself transformed through this powerful time of prayer, fasting, and self-discipline, we eagerly anticipate the testimonies of God’s transformative power in and through your lives.
Fasting is an important reminder to Christians of the power of the Spirit to give us self-control. During our time of fasting, we are focusing on three areas of our lives—the physical, the social/technological and the financial. Each of these areas, though rooted in the natural, has spiritual implications.
Whether you frequently fast or if this is your first time ever trying this discipline, fasting will quickly remind each of us of the necessity to place our total dependence on God. It is with this in mind that we take this step together, seeking God to lead our church, our leaders, and our individual families through 2021.
LOCK-IN BY BOOKMARKING OUR NEW ASPIRE HUB: HERE
PRINTABLE COPY: HERE
What is Aspire all about?
By your third decade, most of us have learned some new words. We’ve learned about rates, bonds, bills and contracts. Things are getting serious as we aspire to make our lives all that they have the potential to be.
We adopt this Life Stage model for 7 Purposes:
1. SPIRITUAL GROWTH: Recognizing that people are in different stages of life, it is our hope to empower people to grow spiritually by providing “stage appropriate” formation experiences, groups, curriculum and serving opportunities.
2. ORGANIZATION: By organizing both our ministry programming and our staff to address specific “life stages” it permits us to more quickly identify programming gaps, needs and resources. Like specialists in large urban hospitals, it is our hope that staff and servants in each “life stage” will become specialists in that stage and be able to effectively and efficiently meet the needs of persons moving through that stage.
3. CONGREGATIONAL CARE: In a congregation as large as Saint Paul’s, the possibility that someone in need will be overlooked or fall between the cracks is greatly increased UNLESS we are intentionally organized to ensure appropriate care.
4. STAFF SUPPORT: Organizing the congregation into life stages permits each member to identify staff specifically designated to respond to their needs, hurts and problems. Serving, sharing, study and support groups will be able to readily identify which staff persons are assigned to provide support, thus – decreasing frustration, confusion and the time spent navigating administrative systems.
5. INTERGENERATIONAL FELLOWSHIP: Organizing the congregation intentionally into life stages creates the possibility of creating intergenerational fellowship activities where persons in one life stage can benefit from the experiences and energy of persons in another life stage.
6. SPECIALIZED PROGRAMMING: By focusing our staff and servants, it is our hope that having identified specific needs, hurts and problems, we will then be able to develop specialized programming to address them in each life stage.
7. INTENTIONALITY: This concept is a primary driver for the entire model – it is our hope that rather than just doing ministry “hopefully” or “coincidentally” that God will empower us to move intentionally and effectively towards holistic ministry to each person in each stage of their lives.