The Pinkney Years

As the church’s first Pastor, the Rev. Pinkney’s years were characterized by organizational issues. Among them was establishing the Church as an independent fellowship to be known hereafter as “The Saint Paul’s Baptist Church.” The first Sanctuary with a seating capacity of 50 or more was constructed on a sloping hill at 2026 Botetourt Street. Rev. George Pinkney led the Saint Paul’s Baptist Church for three years. Under his leadership, this newborn church continued its upward movement. In June 1912, Rev. George Pinkney resigned and was succeeded by his son, the Rev. Timothy Pinkney, who

 

Events